The Great New Zealand Pub Tour - April 2018
An eight day/seven-night motorcycle tour covering both the North and upper South islands of New Zealand, checking out kiwi country pubs.
Tour starts and finishes near Auckland CBD.
Cost = $NZ3500 per person.
- Accommodation is a mixture of pubs, a hotel and a motel with each person/couple having their own room which is of a comfortable basic standard. If you want swanky accommodation then this tour is not for you.
- Inter-island ferry crossing return tickets from between the North and South islands.
- You will see real New Zealand without any of the glitz or glamour.
- Genuine pub stops, giving you a chance to mix with local NZers.
Day One: Auckland to Gisborne (590km)
Saturday 7 April 2018
- Morning tea at Te Aroha
- Late lunch at Opotiki
- Pub stop at Rangitira Tavern, Te Karaka
- Overnight at Gisborne (pub)
Day Two: Gisborne to Waipukurau (280km)
Sunday 8 April
- Morning tea at Wairoa
- Lunch at Napier
- Pub stop at Otane Hotel, Otane
- Overnight at Waipukurau (pub)
Day Three: Waipukurau to Wellington (280km)
Monday 9 April
- Morning tea at Pongoroa
- Late Lunch at Carterton
- Overnight in Wellington City (pub)
Day Four: Wellington to Kaikoura (260km)
Tuesday 10 April
- Cross from North Island to South Island on a Cook Strait ferry
- Morning tea aboard the Cook Strait ferry
- Late Lunch at Kekerengu
- Overnight at Kaikoura (pub)
Day Five: Kaikoura to Hokitika (410km)
Wednesday 11 April
- Morning tea at Rangiora
- Lunch at Arthur’s Pass
- Pub stop at Theatre Royal Hotel, Kumara
- Overnight at Hokitika (pub)
Day Six: Hokitika to St Arnaud (290km)
Thursday 12 April
- Morning tea at Punakaiki
- Lunch near Cape Foulwind
- Pub stop at Owen River Tavern
- Overnight at St Arnaud (motel)
Day Seven: St Arnaud to Wanganui (350km)
Friday 13 April
- Morning Tea at Picton
- Cross from the South Island to North Island on a Cook Strait ferry
- Lunch aboard aboard the Cook Strait ferry
- Pub Stop at Tuarkina
- Overnight at Wanganui (hotel)
Day Eight: Wanganui to Auckland (540km)
Sunday 14 April
- Morning tea at Stratford
- Lunch Stop at Mokau
- Pub Stop at Whaatawhata Tavern
- Tour ends at Pokeno (about 55km south of Aucklkand CBD)