‘Round East Cape’ – November 2017 (Private Tour)
A four day/three night tour covering the central eastern region of the North Island, involving SH 35 around East Cape and also the Rotorua geothermal area.
Tour starts in Auckland and finishes at Maramarua.
- bed only on a shared room basis with couples having their own room. Pay for your own meals, booze, fuel etc.
- tour lead by TWTNZ owner/operator Robert Scott
- You will see real New Zealand without any of the glitz or glamour.
- Genuine pub stops, giving you a chance to briefly mix with locals.
Day One: Auckland to Gisborne (480km)
Thursday 9 November 2017
- Morning tea at Kaimai Ranges
- Late lunch at Opotiki
- Pub stop at Te Kareka
- Overnight at Gisborne
Day Two: Gisborne to Hick’s Bay/Te Araroa (190km)
Friday 10 November
- Morning tea at Tokamaru Bay
- Lunch & Pub Stop at Te Araroa RSA
- Overnight at Hick’s Bay/Te Araroa
Day Three: Hick’s Bay/Te Araroa to Galatea (260km)
Saturday 11 November
- Morning tea at Te Kaha
- Lunch at Ohope
- Pub Stop at Rangitaiki Cossie Club, Edgecumbe
- Overnight at Galatea
Day Four: Galatea to Auckland (Maramarua) (310km)
Sunday 12 November
- Morning tea at Tirau
- Pub stop at Maramarua’s Red Fox Tavern (tour ends)